5 Ways to Break Free of a Slump
It doesn’t matter how positive and upbeat we are, there are going to be times in our lives that we will fall into a slump. It could be for many reasons...loss of a loved one, breakup, hormones, stress, lack of sleep, etc. While this may only be temporary, sometimes it lasts longer than it should or we would like it to. So how can you get out of the funk quicker? I believe in being true to your feelings but also taking massive action steps to change what you don’t want or what is no longer serving you.
- Acknowledge how you feel but change your perspective. Look at it from the flip side. How can you turn your “negative” into a positive?
- If you could change anything right now, what would it be? What would it look like, feel like? What is your game plan? Write it out.
- How will you do it? Do you need someone to help you? Who? What resources would be helpful? Schedule it out. What gets scheduled, gets done!
- Find a network or mastermind group. Surround yourself with like minded people. Tell me the 5 people you hang out with the most and I will tell you who you are.
Let me give you an example of what this may look like. Ready?
You are in a funk because you have gained some weight due to a big project deadline and have not been able to exercise and have been eating on the run, you’re not feeling too good about yourself and you have an event coming up.
- I’m don’t like the way I feel or look as a result of not taking care of myself on one hand but I’ve been able to complete this project before the deadline which could potentially give me a big raise and a better position. Now that it’s complete I can get back to taking care of me.
- I am going to get up right now and go for a walk but before I do, I will throw out all the junk food so that I’m not tempted later. It is better to exercise early in the morning prior to my work day beginning. The benefits are that I will start off my day doing something good for me, have more energy throughout the day and be more conscious of what I feed my body. It will also give me time to relax and enjoy time with my family after I get home from the office.
- I will set my alarm for 6am, set out my workout clothes, work clothes and meal prep the night before. My neighbor exercises at 6am, so I will ask if I could join in.
- In addition to my neighbor, my best friend has been asking me to join the gym and take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal this month. They have great classes and the latest equipment.
Of course you could go through this process for just about anything.
Breakfree today and start manifesting. I’m available for strategy sessions. You can reach me at 305-271-7447.