Oh, the Drama!
Dramatic people can be so exhausting. They suck the life right out of you as if they were vampires. They’re masters at pulling you into their “horrible”, “terrible”, “awful” and “tragic” situations.
What causes someone to be so overly dramatic? We all require attention to some degree. However, some people take it to extremes. There can be a genetic factor or it can be a result of early emotional trauma usually caused by neglect. Either way, the brain is rewired and you become addicted to the hormones released.
You’re you a drama queen or king if…
- You are high maintenance.
- You are fabulous and everyone else is the problem.
- You blow everything out of proportion.
- Everything is life or death.
- You use “always” and “never” constantly.
- Your social media posts are encrypted so people ask what’s wrong.
Can you do something about your dramatic self? YES! Here’s how…
- Build your self-esteem- there is no power in being a victim.
- Take up a hobby- it’ll take your mind off silly things.
- Exercise- it will release dopamine and make you feel good.
- Journal-and later go back and read it- you’ll see the flaw in your dramatic ways.
- Focus on the positive in every situation- every cloud has a silver lining.
- Set long term goals for yourself and focus on the end result- you won’t have time for drama if you're building the life of your dreams.
Dr. Aixa Goodrich
If you'd like more specific help about how to improve your life, schedule a consult with me!