Secrets to Living a Meaningful Life
It’s so easy to get caught up in life’s rat race. Have you stopped and asked yourself, “do I love what I do?” or “is what I’m doing really making a difference?”. Most people don’t. We don’t allow ourselves to think or feel anymore. We just DO, DO, DO and then DO some more. We forget to BE and worse yet, we forget to enjoy what we HAVE as a result of all the DOing. It’s really no wonder why we feel exhausted all the time and totally unhappy and unfulfilled.
I know of many people in search of happiness but that alone can backfire. Mostly because happiness is an inside out job. Also, there will always be a ying to the yang, an up to the down, a light to the dark and so on. There must always be a balance. After all, if you didn’t experience sadness then you couldn’t appreciate happy times. If you didn’t experience blistering heat in Miami in the middle of any month, then you couldn’t appreciate the air conditioner and the genius who made it, Willis Carrier(in case you didn’t know).
I truly think it’s more important to live a meaningful life than to “find happiness”. In fact, you will experience joy, happiness and fulfillment when you begin living a meaningful life. So how do you do that? Here are a few tips:
- Find your strengths and use them to serve others. What do you love to do that you would do for free if money was no issue?
- Be authentic. You are unique and perfect just the way you are. Don’t try to make other people happy to fit in. You will naturally attract your tribe. The tribe that’s right for you.
- Find courage, live boldly, love freely and explore what calls to you.
- Let go of all the drama and negativity in your life and break free from those that bring it to the table.
- Live simply and be grateful for the little things.
It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts. ~ Adlai Stevenson
If you’re struggling to find meaning or want to add more LIFE to your years, join me in my upcoming retreat.