Essential Oils That Will Change Your Life
I have always been drawn to nature and natural solutions! I have seen the power of the body’s ability to self heal and self regulate in my life and my practice for over 25 years. I know that the body, given the proper environment can do “miracles”.
Over the years, I have been blessed and privileged to treat patients of all walks of life. Quite often, they come to me as a last resort. If I had a penny for every time I’ve heard, “Doc, I’ve tried everything and you’re my last bit of hope”, I’d be a billionaire. I’m both thrilled and upset at the same time. Thrilled because I can help them and upset that they’ve been suffering needlessly.
In my practice, I take a whole body approach. Meaning I look at the physical, physiological, mental, emotion, spiritual and environmental issues that are affecting my patient.
I began practicing Chiropractic over 20 years ago. Along the way, I noticed how important nutrition is and became a Functional Medicine Practitioner. I also learned about the emotional and spiritual challenges that, often time, patients with chronic conditions have so I became certified in NLP and life coaching. I want to make sure that I turn over every single rock and pebble when I treat a patient.
In recent times, I’ve learned about the power of aroma therapy and essential oils. Essential oils are naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds that are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They have been used for centuries for health-care, beauty treatments and food preparation. They can also be used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness.
I apply the use of oils to each of the 5 pillars of health: nutrition, exercise, stress management, sleep and nervous system function/alignment. Oils can be used in different ways. You can diffuse, apply topically and some you can ingest. Some oils are considered “hot” oils so they must be diluted with fractionated coconut oil. Only ingest oils that have supplement facts. Not all oils are pure so be careful what line you use. I personally use doTerra because they meet my criteria, they are CPTG (certified pure therapeutic grade) and they do incredible humanitarian work.
My favorite oils for each pillar are:
- Nutrition- Slim and Sassy. This is a blend that is great for speeding up your metabolism, helps with cravings and is a diuretic.
- Exercise- Deep Blue for achy joints and muscles. Breathe helps you breathe better while you’re doing cardio. OnGuard to help fight off any bugs and microbes that you may have picked up in the gym.
- Stress management- Frankincense! I love Frank for everything. Roman Chamomile and Balance are also fantastic.
- Sleep- Vetiver and Copaiba are my jam! They help you relax and wind down after a hectic day and release anxious feelings.
- Spine and nervous system- AromaTouch and PastTense. They help balance the nervous system and release tension.
We have a fabulous oil guru in our office. If you have questions, give us a call at 305-271-7447
You may also visit www.mydoterra.com/drgoodrich for more info.