Tips for staying healthy over the holidays…


Let’s face it, working out during the holidays can prove to be a difficult task. It’s hard to find time between all of the shopping, cooking, baking, parties, family visits, and hosting duties. Even though cleaning the house in preparation for your in-laws can feels like a workout just as much as racing through the mall to finish last minute shopping, it doesn’t even come close to sticking to your regular fitness routine.  If you want to keep your waistline, strengthen your immune system and burn off extra calories and stress, stick to your exercise routine.  Make time for fitness, even if it’s just putting on some jolly ol’ holiday tunes and dancing your way to sexy.  All you need is 30 min a day.  Surely you can find the time. Here’s a short circuit you can do to keep you fit and foxy:

Do 3-5 rounds of:

10-20 Push ups

20 Mountain climbers

40 Jumping jacks

10 Burpees

10-20 Tricep dips

You know that you’re going to be invited to a lot of get togethers…with friends, family, and don’t forget the office holiday party! While it’s always great to celebrate the holiday season, it’s easy to fall into the trap of mindless eating and drinking. So if you’re ditching your workout for yet another holiday soiree, try to plan ahead.

Here are some tips:

  1. Go for the 80/20 rule-80% should be on the healthy smart side and the other 20% you can splurge and indulge.
  2. Use a small plate-psych yourself into eating less food.
  3. Start your meal with a salad or fresh veggies so you get fuller quicker.
  4. Make sure you rest.  You can get run down over the holidays and not get enough sleep.  The unfortunate part is that we replace the energy from lack of sleep with bad eating habits.

Cheers to a happy, healthy & sexy holiday season!