Your “A” Game
How do you show up in life? When life gives you lemon do you turn into a sour puss or do you make lemonade? Your attitude has everything to do with how you show up everyday. It will also determine your level of success in all areas of your life. I know people who dim a room just by walking in it because they’re so negative. I also know others that can light up a room. Which are you?
It’s time that you bring your “A” Game. What is the “A” game? Well in my book it’s as
- Attitude- I once heard from a great mentor that “it is your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude”. Words of wisdom right there. You may want to re-read that.
- Attendance- Showing up and being reliable is huge. If you don’t like where you’re at in life, your job, career, etc. then make a change. Don’t make excuses. Excuses are for the weak. AND guess what? You’re not fooling anyone.
- Appearance- Take pride in your appearance. As unfortunate as it may be we are all judged at first sight. People will form opinions of you within seconds of meeting you. My grandmother drilled into my head to always be presentable because while you’re taking out the trash or picking up bananas at the grocery store you may meet your future mate, next big client or employer. You just never know so always be prepared.
- Adaptability- Nothing is guaranteed but taxes and death. So we must go with the flow. Life is constantly moving and changing. Change can be a good thing and always remember that resistance is futile.
- Ambition- Hey not everyone has to be a doctor or lawyer or even go to college. BUT, whatever you choose to do, be the best at it…learned that from my mom. Always strive to grow and learn and stretch yourself. That is really where all the juice is.
- Accountability- Listen, we are not perfect. We all make mistakes. It’s ok. Just own up to it and hold yourself accountable for your mishaps. Correct the issue and move on. Don’t play the blame game, that’s for cry babies. You’re a superstar!
- Acceptance- “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- Appreciation- Have an attitude of gratitude. We are really so blessed when we look at the grand scheme of things. We have all been through some crappy stuff at one point or another in life. If you’re reading this, then you like I, survived.
Take a moment to look at all the stuff going on around the world and begin to look on the bright side of things. I know it’s not always as easy as it sounds but wallowing in your story definitely won’t make it any better. Everyday, give thanks for the roof over your head, the clothes on your back, shoes on your feet and food on the table. If you start you day giving thanks and appreciating life, you will automatically attract more blessings.
Are you ready to start showing up big and bringing your A+ game? Do it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Dr. Aixa Goodrich
Manifest Your Epic Life